Cacao or Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao): A small evergreen tree native to the deep tropical region of the Americas. The scientific name Theobroma means “food of the gods”. In its raw state, it contains a wide array of unique properties, antioxidants and minerals that enhance both physical and mental well-being. It has an incredibly rich supply of magnesium, along with other essential minerals: calcium, zinc, iron, copper and potassium. The majority of antioxidants are water-soluble and when the fat is removed from the cacao bean the ORAC scores almost double. The lure of chocolate can be overwhelming for some people. Cocoa contains theobromine (a chemical related to caffeine). The sugar in chocolate releases serotonin (a brain chemical related to a positive sense of well-being). Despite its physical properties chocolate is not a physically addictive food, however, some people may find themselves psychologically addicted to chocolate. This may or may not be true for raw cacao. If you want to read more about cacao and its ingredients, values and scientific research, please visit our BLOG.
WARNING! Eating RAW CACAO can cause a profound state of bliss….!
Which Raw Cacao Products should you use?
- NIBS: Sprinkle over salad and cereals, adding to raw soups and dips and fruits. Blends great in your smoothy and has a richer flavor than than the powder.
- POWDER: Add to raw ice-cream, nut milk, smoothies, or any recipe where you need the Cacao to be fine and easy to blend.
- PASTE: the best form of raw chocolate to melt down and use in raw recipes, home-made truffles and bars, pies and cakes etc.
- BUTTER: Great for solidifying recipes, such as desserts, cakes, and energy balls. Makes a wonderful base in cosmetic creams.
Our raw Cacao Nibs from Ecuador are a richer, dark brown color, and more dense than the Philippine Cacao. Their flavor is also more intense, and there’s is almost a faint coffee like flavor to them in addition to the light chocolate taste.
To fully receive all the nutrional benefits from the Cacao plant, eat Cacao as close to its natural state as possible. Raw Cacao Nibs are rich in a number of essential minerals: magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, and manganese. (USDA Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, Gluten-free)
- $17.50 – Raw Cacao Nibs, 1lb bag
- $74.95 – Raw Cacao Nibs, 5lb bag
Great for hot and cold chocolate beverages, fudge, cakes, truffles, and more! Raw Cacao is loaded with antioxidants. When the fat is removed from the cacao bean, the ORAC scores almost double!
We take great care in producing our Raw Cacao powder. By seperating the cacao butter from the bean by cold-pressing, we ensure that all of the antioxidants, nutrients, enzymes, and minerals remain intact for your nutritional benefit. (USDA Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, Gluten-free)
- $17.50 – Raw Cacao Powder, 1lb bag
- $79.95 – Raw Cacao Powder, 5lb bag
Crushed Raw Cacao Nibs are conched to a smooth paste and ready to use in bars, truffels, pies and pastry. (USDA Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, Gluten-free).
- $17.50 – Raw Cacao Paste, 1lb bag
- $79.95 – Raw Cacao Paste, 5lb bag
RAW CACAO BUTTER
Our Cocoa butter is extracted from the cacao bean via cold-pressing and can be used to make chocolate, cocoa powder, ointments, and toiletries. It has has a mild chocolate flavor, sweet fragrance, and emollient properties.
Add a piece of this divine butter to your favorite smoothie, dessert, ice cream or chocolate creation! (USDA Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, Gluten-free)
- $21.95 – Raw Cacao Butter, 1lb bag
- $84.95 – Raw Cacao Butter, 5lb bag